ATUMS First Competition for Trainees
The first competition of the ATUMS International Graduate School for Hybrid Functional Materials will award successful applicants at the graduate student level with three years of stipend support, commencing 1 September 2016. We are now accepting applications for Graduate students (PhD and MSc) trainees. If you are interested in this program, please contact one of the ATUMS Principal Investigators. Please note that only trainees who have been invited to apply by one of the researchers in ATUMS will be accepted. No applications will be accepted from trainees who have not been accepted into one of the ATUMS laboratories.
The NSERC CREATE ATUMS Hybrid Functional Material Graduate School is an exceptional opportunity for exceptional students. The goal of the training program is to develop a group of trainees with specialized skills in materials science, combined with the ability to transfer their knowledge and skills to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
Applications are due in Room 4-253 CCIS at 12:00 noon on Friday 24 June 2016 and will be reviewed by the Program Advisory Committee.
The ATUMS Program is funded by the National Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) with a Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) grant. The CREATE Program improves the mentoring of, and training environment for, the Canadian researchers of tomorrow by improving areas such as communication, collaboration and professional skills; and providing experience relevant to both academic and non-academic research environments. Our German partner, IRTG 2022, is funded by DFG.
Each award will include a stipend for three years, plus money for travel/accommodation during a three month stay with our German partner. This round of awards will commence on September 1, 2016.
Please complete the following steps if you would like to be part of the ATUMS program:
- Identify a potential supervisor by researching the interests of the ATUMS Principal Investigators.
- Contact a potential supervisor from the list of ATUMS Principal Investigators.
- Contact the Program Coordinator for ATUMS – “e-mail link provided in Our Team- Program Coordinator”.
- Apply to U of A in the graduate program of your potential supervisor.
- Indicate an interest in ATUMS when applying to the appropriate department.
- For Chemistry students, apply here.
- For Physics students, apply here.
- For Electrical Engineering students, apply here.