Influenza season is here.
Getting immunized is one of the most effective ways to protect yourself from contracting influenza this season. All U of A students and staff are eligible to receive an immunization for free at University Health Centre and University Health Centre Pharmacy.
University Health Centre Immunizations
Immunizations are available on a walk-in basis beginning November 7, 2016 until the end of influenza season.
University Health Centre Pharmacy Immunizations
Immunizations are available at the University Health Centre Pharmacy by walk-in or appointment basis on the following dates:
- Walk-in: beginning October 24, 2016 until the end of influenza season
- Appointment: November 7-9 and 14-15, 2016
The pharmacy-specific pre-registration form is available at fluatmypharmacy.com. A valid Alberta Health Care Card is required.
Getting Your Influenza (flu) Shot
Before receiving your influenza immunization, remember to:
- come prepared with your ONEcard and a valid Alberta health care card (or other health card);
- come wearing short sleeves;
- plan adequate time for your visit as it is recommended that patients wait onsite for fifteen minutes following their flu shot.