Unleash your curiosity. Embrace discovery.
The SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) Conference is a chance to learn what an education and career in science, engineering and technology (SET) is all about. This fun and interactive day shows young women and non-binary students in grades 10-12 that there is more to science than medicine and more to engineering than building bridges, and more to technology than sitting behind a computer screen. SET jobs are interesting, collaborative, diverse and support every aspect of our lives. Want to make an impact in the world and have a meaningful career? Consider SET.
The SET Conference will give you an opportunity to find out answers to some of your questions by:
- Talking with women who are studying science, engineering and technology
- Participating in some hands-on laboratory experiments
- Having the chance to spend a day on the University of Alberta campus and learn about being a student here
This full-day conference gives you the opportunity to:
- Explore diverse careers in science, engineering and technology
- Learn about work-life balance in SET careers
- Discover how SET careers make the world a better place
- Experience hands-on lab activities
- Meet university students and learn what it is like to be a student in a SET department
- Talk with women in SET based careers about their experiences
- Gain insight into different career paths in SET and the U of A programs that you can use to broaden your career options