What the Fees Provide
Facilities: Athletes have access during scheduled training hours to the University of Alberta’s training facilities that include the Universiade Butterdome Pavilion indoor track, Foote Field outdoor track, HPTRC strength training facility, and the South Dome turf & Mondo track runway during winter months.
Coaching: The GGTFC also employs several full time coaches, in addition to paid part-time coaches. All sessions are planned, led, and directed by at least one of these coaches.
Uniforms: Athletes will receive 2 sets of competitive singlet style tops, and 2 sets of competitive/training shorts.
Club Gear: Athletes will receive a set of training clothing
Entry Fees & Team Fees:
Athletes will receive club paid entries within the following structure;
- Indoor Competitions: 2 event entries each at the GBO, Panda’s Open, and AA Provincial Championships
- Outdoor Competitions: 2 event entries each at the Sherwood Park Track Classic, Foote Field Open, and one of St. Albert Challenge or Leduc T&F Meet
- XC Competitions: 1 event entry at three of the following four competitions - the University of Saskatchewan Sled Dog XC, Camrose Open XC, Stewart Cup Memorial XC, AA Provincial Championships
- National Championship Competitions: GGTFC will support JR & SR aged athletes to attend the Athletics Canada Outdoor T&F Championships by paying their entry fee’s for up to 2 events if they meet or exceed the qualification standard of entry within their event. GGTFC will support JR & SR aged athletes to attend the Athletics Canada National XC Championships by paying their entry fee for their JR/SR event if they win the AA Provincial XC Championships, win the Senior ASAA Provincial XC Championships, win the Stewart Cup Memorial XC competition, or are top 14 at the Canada West XC Championships.
- Provincial Midget/Youth Competition Team Fees: GGTFC will support $100 towards the team fee for any club member that qualifies to represent an Athletics Alberta Midget/Youth team.
GGTFC FEE STRUCTURE
The training year is covered as September through the end of the outdoor season. Fees are due by October 15th for full year members, May 1st for Varsity Members.
Full Year Athlete Membership (Due Oct.15th)
|Facility & Coaching Fee
| Total Club Cost
Athletics Alberta Membership (Once Annually)
NOTE: This fee is paid directly to AA – Due December 15th at: https://www.athleticsalberta.com/aa-membership/