Before you register, you must request a PIN (Personal Identification Number). To request your PIN, please call the Customer Service Centre at 780-492-2231 or e-mail. This will enable you to register for classes online. Online registration is available for all camps. A course code is required to register.
- Cash (in person only)
- Debit card (in person only)
- Credit card (online and in person)
- Personal cheque (in person only) made out to 'University of Alberta'. No postdated cheques accepted ($25 administrative fee levied on all NSF cheques)
- Full payment is required at the time of registration
- Camp registrations will end at 12:00pm on Friday prior to the first day of the camp or program
- Requests for registration after that time will be placed on the waitlist and will be notified as soon as possible if registration in the camp is possible
- If your preferred camp is full, your child can be waitlisted and we will contact you if a place becomes available
- Once notified of an available space in a camp, waitlisted participants will have 48 hours to confirm their registration with payment
Summer Camp Cancellations, Refunds, Credits
- Cancellation requests must be received by the Customer Service Centre prior to the start of the camp
- An administration fee of $15 will be assessed on all refunds except in the case of medical conditions. Credits are processed without any administration fees.
- Refunds will be granted on cancellation requests received 28 days prior to the first day of the registered camp
- A 25% cancellation fee will be levied on cancellation requests received between 7 and 28 days prior to the first day of the registered camp
- A 50% cancellation fee will be levied on cancellation requests received between 1 and 6 days prior to the first day of the registered camp
- In case of injury or illness that occur prior to the first day of the registered camp, full refunds will be granted when accompanied by a medical note
- Partial refunds may be granted in case of extenuating circumstances on or after the first day of the registered camp. Medical notes are required for all refunds requested on the basis of injury or illness.
- Once the applicable cancellation fee has been levied, you have the choice of receiving a refund or credit
- If the original payment was by credit card, refunds will be credited to the card used for the original payment
- If the original payment was by cash or cheque, you will be refunded by cheque. This process takes 3-6 weeks
- If the original payment was by debit card, the fee will be refunded to your debit card if you request the refund in person, or by cheque if you’re unable to make the request in person
- If you choose to have a credit applied to your account, the amount will be applied and may be used towards camps or other programs and services offered by the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation
Program Cancellations, Refunds, Credits
- You may withdraw from, or transfer to, a program prior to the start of the third class
- No refund or credit after the third class
- A refund may be issued for the value of the remaining classes less a $15 administration fee
- If original payment was by credit card or debit card, the refund will be issued to the same card used for the original payment If original payment was by cash or cheque, you will be refunded by cheque. This will be mailed to you in 3–6 weeks from the time the refund is requested
- An administration fee of $5 will be assessed to each transfer from one camp to another offered by the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation
- If transferring to a camp of higher cost, you will be required to pay the administration fee and the difference in cost between the lower and higher priced camps
- If transferring to a camp of lower cost, you will be required to pay the administration fee and the difference in cost between the higher and lower priced camps will be refunded. The $15 refund administration fee will not apply to transfers.
- Transfers are permitted only within the same programming session and only if space is available
- Transferring to a camp at a later date for the purpose of avoiding cancelling fees is not permitted. Participants who have transferred to a camp later in the summer will be held to the cancellation policies that apply to the camp they were registered in originally except in exceptional circumstances.
Informed Consent Form
- Parents and/or guardians must sign and return an Informed Consent Form for each participant before their camp or program begins
- Informed consent forms only need to be completed once per calendar year for each participant
- Informed consent forms are valid for the entire calendar year in which they were signed and submitted
- Children without completed informed consent forms will not be allowed to participate in camp or program activities
- Completed forms can be emailed, dropped off at the Customer Service Centre or submitted during sign in on the first day of the camp or program
The Green & Gold Sport System is committed to providing developmentally appropriate programs for all our participants. With that in mind, we require that all participants register in the appropriate age group. In the interest of fairness and consistency, we will not be able to move children outside of their age group prior to registration if they have a birthday that falls outside the programming calendar year.
We respect that our camp participants will have diverse range of skills and experiences, and that parents may wish to see their child placed in a different age group than what their current age prescribes. However, a young athlete's age is the most reliable factor in placing them in developmentally appropriate programming.