On behalf of The Steadward Centre team I wanted to send out some information about the current situation with COVID-19 and what it means for our staff, members, and volunteers.
At this time we are working closely with the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation and the University of Alberta to ensure the safety and well-being of our members, staff, and volunteers. At this time, Alberta Health Services has deemed the current risk level to be low. Until we receive notice from the University of Alberta and/or Alberta Health Services changes the risk level, we will remain open and continue to run programs and services.
To help ensure the safety and well-being we have introduced the following measures to ensure a clean environment:
- Common service counter touch points are wiped with disinfectant clothes regularly
- Fitness and activity equipment is wiped with disinfectant regularly.
In addition, all spaces including studios, swimming pools, gymnasiums and other activity areas are being monitored for adherence to standards of cleanliness. These steps will assist us in maintaining a healthy environment.
We urge you to assist us in this endeavor by:
- Now and always during cold and flu season, stay home if you are sick. Encourage those you know who are sick to stay home until they no longer have symptoms
- Avoid personal contact through handshakes, hugs or kisses, a friendly wave or elbow bump is less likely to expose you to respiratory viruses
- Practice frequent hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
This is an evolving situation, for the most up-to-date information visit uab.ca/COVID19
If there are any changes to our programs and service delivery, we will share information widely by email, social media, on our website (https://www.ualberta.ca/steadward-centre
), and by telephone to ensure all members are aware. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know at (780) 492-3182.
Thank you for your support in getting through this situation.