How to Apply

All interested Canadian medical graduates are invited to apply for surgical residency positions through the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS).
The cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, and orthopedic surgery, otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and general surgery residency programs may accept sponsored trainee applicants with government funding but this will vary year to year. Applications must first go through their funding source who will then forward applications to the Postgraduate Office of Medical Education. Interviews take place in September for placements the following July.