Start your adventure in sustainability.
The Student Sustainability Summit is a one-day gathering for university and college students from across Alberta. Whether you are curious to know more about sustainability, or already working to build a better world, you’ll find the summit a valuable experience. Connect with experts, learn how they’ve made a difference in their fields, and get inspired to make your own impact.
The summit features:
- 4 different streams to choose from, so you can target your own goal-oriented learning. Choose your own adventure!
- 20+ experts presenting on their successes in environmental and social justice fields.
- Connect with students from across the province. Meet solar engineers, brewers, social workers, urban planners, public health campaigners, conservationists, and more.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks are included, all vegetarian/vegan-friendly.
What will you do at the summit?
It all depends on what you want to get out of it. The summit is organized with four different streams of panels, workshops and speakers. That way, you can jump between streams depending on your own, individual learning goals. So you’ll be able to make the most of the summit—whether you are just embarking on a sustainability journey, seeking out a career or academic prospects, or looking to supercharge a project you’ve already got underway.
The summit will also include a number of optional adventures before and after, including:
- Friday afternoon: Take a walking tour of the University of Alberta, discovering green buildings, renewable energy and other sustainability services.
- Friday evening: Meet local professionals working in sustainability fields like energy, urban development, community-building and more.
- Saturday evening: Keep the conversation going over food at a local Edmonton eatery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to attend?
Students with all levels of sustainability experience and knowledge are encouraged to apply. The only requirement is that you be a currently student in an Alberta post-secondary institution.
I’m from out of town. Can I get a ride to Edmonton?
Transportation to and from Edmonton is generously sponsored by Red Arrow. A certain number of seats have been reserved on Red Arrow motor coaches travelling from Lethbridge, Calgary, Red Deer & Fort McMurray.
What about a place to stay?
In the past, summit attendees have offered to billet out-of-towners in a spare bedroom or couch. If this is something that would interest you, we will help connect hosts with guests. However, the summit organizers cannot guarantee any accommodations.
Is this an accessible event?
The venue will be physically accessible, and is directly connected to an Edmonton Transit System LRT station. We also do not want financial need to prevent anyone from attending the summit. If the registration fee impacts your ability to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn what options are available.
If you have any additional accessibility needs or concerns please email email@example.com.
I don’t have a credit card. Help!
If you are unable to pay the registration fee by credit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements.