Make a difference, and make friends too.
Volunteer with the Sustainability Council. Join an exciting and experienced team that has been at the heart of campus life for almost ten years. Together, we will engage the university community on issues like climate change, food security, biodiversity and our energy future. It's a great opportunity to contribute to your community, while learning valuable skills and gaining knowledge in sustainability.
Volunteering pays back
- Gain unique access to professional development training
- Get discounted registration for events like the Student Sustainability Summit
- Meet faculty, staff and interns doing innovative on-campus research
- Expand your network and make lasting friendships
Diverse project teams
The Sustainability Council is looking for volunteers with a wide range of skills and interests.
- Campus Saint-Jean volunteers will work on sustainability initiatives at our french-speaking campus.
- Certificate in Sustainability volunteers will develop new ways to promote the Certificate in Sustainability and will present at various events.
- Conferencing volunteers will help promote and host the Student Sustainability Summit and the Fall Sustainability Panel.
- Recycling Street Team will champion waste reduction and encourage proper use of the zero waste stations on campus.
- Special Weeks volunteers will help promote and host Sustainability Awareness Week and our January Sustainability Speaker.
- Video Creators will create videos to present student perspectives and explain sustainability issues (e.g. the carbon footprint of air travel).
If you want to make a difference and join a vibrant and fun community, apply to volunteer with the Sustainability Council right now!
Deadline: Monday, Sept. 10 at 11:59 p.m.