The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is a training initiative designed to help organizations and employees engage in new training programs. The grant covers up to 2/3rd of the total cost of training, to a maximum of $10,000 per employee and $300,000 per organization.
All of our Executive Education programs of three days or more (21 hours or more) are applicable for this grant.
Further information can be found at: http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/jobgrant.aspx
The application and reimbursement process occurs in five steps:
- The employer identifies a program and applies for the Canada-Alberta Job Grant
- If approved, the organization or individual enrols and pay for the program
- After starting the training the employer submits the training program receipt to the grant office and receive a reimbursement for the first 1/3 of the total cost of the training
- Employee or organization completes the training
- Notice of completion is submitted to the grant office and the second 1/3 of the total cost of the training is reimbursed
What is the Canada-Alberta Job Grant?
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is an employer-driven training program. This means that employers decide on who gets training and what type of training may be needed for new and existing employees. Employers must use a third-party training provider to deliver the formal training either onsite, online, or in a classroom setting.
It is in an employer’s best interest to invest in developing the skills of their workforce, so they can get the job done and continue to operate.
The Canada Job Grant is part of the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta’s commitment to help address skills mismatches and ensure that employees are being trained in high-demand areas.