In this two day course, users will learn the basics of Visio, including navigation, creating a diagram, formatting shapes, and inserting borders, titles and photos, before moving on to more advanced features. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Open and manipulate toolbars and stencil windows in the work area
- Change background settings to enhance specific drawings
Use the drawing tools and Operation command features to create new custom shapes
- Integrate both simple and complex custom shapes in a drawing
- Create new masters in a stencil and edit masters
- Use the document stencil to quickly take inventory of all the shapes used in a drawing
Create a new custom template and use it to quickly create a drawing
- Create and use styles to quickly format multiple shapes in a drawing
- Use layers to organize and control shapes in a drawing
- Link a Visio drawing within a Microsoft Word document and update any changes
- Link shapes in a drawing to information contained in an external database
- Convert a drawing to a Web page
The student will use several techniques for preparing a drawing for printing and will work with many advanced features, including using the drawing tools, creating and working with custom stencils and templates, and sharing your Visio drawings with other applications.
Basic computer concepts/skills and knowledge of Windows, experience using the Microsoft Drawing toolbar is an asset.
Registering at least one week before the deadline is recommended as this class may fill up or be cancelled due to low enrollment.
If you are interested in custom training for Microsoft Visio 2016, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Register for Course
Duration: 2 days
Multiple course sections are open to registration. To see all available course sections, please view our course listing.