Do you have an undergraduate research mentor who has made a big difference in your life? Ever wish there was a way you could thank them and have them recognized for their efforts?
The University of Alberta Award for Outstanding Mentorship in Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities is a student-nominated award that recognizes those mentors that go above and beyond to help empower students to accomplish their goals, and to foster the next generation of researchers.
The award is offered in four categories:
- Early career faculty: faculty members who have held a faculty position at the U of A for 5 years or less
- Established faculty: faculty members who have held a faculty position at the U of A for more than 5 years
- Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- Research/technical staff (including non-academic staff)
Recipients in each category will be recognized with a certificate and a letter to their Dean, Chair, or immediate supervisor (as applicable), highlighting their commitment to high-quality undergraduate research mentorship.
Nominations for this year's award cycle are now closed.
This year's award recipients were celebrated at the FURCA awards reception on Thursday, March 14, 2019. Congratulations to all of this year's award recipients and nominees!
2018-2019 URI Mentor Award Recipients
Early Career Faculty
- Dr. Joseph Wiebe, Augustana
- Dr. Felix Sperling, Biological Sciences
- Dr. Roxanne Harde, Augustana
Graduate Students & Post-docs
- Connie Le, Department of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
- Rosica Valcheva, Research Associate, Division of Gastroenterology