- CONTEST: The UniForum Survey Completion Contest (the “Contest”) is conducted by The Governors of the University of Alberta (the “University”), sponsored by UniForum, and is administered on behalf of the University by Cubane Consulting (“Cubane”).The Contest is an incentive for faculty & staff to complete the UniForum survey (the “Survey”) to gather feedback regarding the importance of and satisfaction with services provided as a benchmarking initiative for reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative support services provided by the University such as: finance, human resources, procurement, communications and IT services. The Contest is open to all individuals who have completed the Survey between May 6 and 27, 2019.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Contest (an “Eligible Entrant”) you must be:
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- An identified individual who has been contacted and has completed the Survey between May 6 and 27, 2019.
You are not eligible for the Contest if you are a resident of Quebec. Also, you are not eligible if you are an employee of the University’s office of Disclosure, Assurance and Institutional Research (“DAIR”), including a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates or representatives. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest will be determined by Cubane in its sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- NUMBER, APPROXIMATE VALUE OF PRIZE AND CHANCES OF WINNING: There are ten (10) prizes available to be won in the Contest (“Prizes”).The Prizes are described in paragraph 9 below.The chances of winning a Prize will depend on the number of Eligible Entrants received in accordance with these Official Rules by the Contest Closing Time as provided for in paragraph 4 below.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE: The Contest commences on Monday, May 6, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time) and closes on Monday, May 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Edmonton Time) (the “Entry Period”). Entry Ballots must be received by Cubane before the Contest Closing Time, which is Monday, May 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Edmonton Time) (the “Contest Closing Time”), as provided for in paragraph 5, to be eligible to win a Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.To enter, the following rules apply:
- To enter the Contest, an Eligible Entrant must be invited by Cubane via email and complete the Survey.The completed Survey must be received by Cubane before the Contest Closing Time.There is a limit of one Survey per person.
Once submitted, the Survey becomes the property of Cubane and will not be returned. All Surveys will be reviewed by Cubane and any Surveys which are deemed to be late, illegible, or incomplete will be disqualified. This determination will be made by Cubane, on behalf of the University, in its sole discretion.
- CONTEST DETAILS: Cubane will conduct the Contest on behalf of the University and draw the Selected Entrants on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time).The Eligible Entrants whose names are drawn at random (the “Selected Entrants”) and who have complied with these Official Rules, including without limitation the provisions of paragraph 8, will be declared the winners of the Prizes (the “Winners”).
If necessary, should a Prize be unclaimed, or should a Selected Entrant be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win a Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and the Cubane, on behalf of the University, shall have the right to draw, as replacement only, an additional name.
All determinations of the Selected Entrants and the Winners by Cubane are final and binding. No communication with Eligible Entrants will be entered into except with the Selected Entrants. All matters related to the Contest and the verification of the eligibility of the Selected Entrants shall be conducted by Cubane, on behalf of the University, in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by Cubane in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged.
- NOTIFICATION: Cubane will contact and notify the Selected Entrants on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (Edmonton time). The Selected Entrants will be asked the skill testing question at the time of notification, which is a requirement in order to obtain their Prize.If the Selected Entrant does not respond or complete the skill testing question by Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Edmonton time), as provided for herein, the Prize will be forfeited and Cubane may draw, as a replacement only, an additional name. If Cubane receives an “out of office” message from the Selected Entrants when they have been contacted, the Selected Entrants will have two (2) weeks’ from the date they return to the office to respond to Cubane.
- DECLARATION OF WINNER: The Selected Entrants will not be declared Winners in accordance with paragraph 6 unless and until:
- Cubane has determined that such entrants are Eligible Entrants pursuant to these Official Rules; and
- The Selected Entrants correctly answer a time limited skill testing question as provided for in these Official Rules.
Once this verification takes place, the Selected Entrants will be declared the Winners.
- PRIZE:There are ten (10) Prizes in the Contest, each consisting of a VISA gift card, in the amount of $50.00 (CDN). The total approximate value of all the Prizes is $500.00 (CDN).The Prizes are to be picked up by each of the Winners at DAIR’s office, located at 300 Campus Tower, 8625 112 Street, Edmonton, Alberta.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION:To win a Prize, the Selected Entrants must correctly answer unaided, the mathematical, time-limited, skill-testing question as follows:60 multiplied by 4 divided by 6 minus 15 =_____ prior to being declared a Winner.
- CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: The University reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Contest in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including without limitation, computer viruses, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper conduct, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Contest.In the event the University is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the University’s or Cubane’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the University shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest.
- PARTICIPATION:Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each participant to comply with these Official Rules.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each Eligible Entrant:(a) releases and agrees to hold the University, its respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, bodily injury and property damage, or any other damage or loss, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in this Contest, any Contest related activity, or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or participation in any Prize related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify the University and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the Contest or to the Prize, including, without limitation, death, and personal or property damage or injury.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The University and Cubane assume no responsibility for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Surveys.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: No information regarding Survey participants, except for identification of the Winners, will be provided to the University by Cubane.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND LAWS: These are the Official Rules (the “Official Rules”).This Contest is governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada applicable therein and the parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta. These Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over University.These Official Rules, as amended from time to time, will be posted at https://www.ualberta.ca/vice-president-finance/uniforum/uniforum-contest-rules
- CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules.Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the University.Employees or agents of the University, including Cubane, are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these Official Rules.
- PRIVACY: The personal information in the Survey is collected under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPP”), and will be protected pursuant to Part 2 of that legislation. It is collected solely for the purposes of administering the Survey and Contest and will not be used for any other purpose. Direct any questions about this collection, use or disclosure to: firstname.lastname@example.org.