Located in 326 Arts and Convocation Hall, the Senate Chamber is currently used for seminars and small meetings as part of academic programs, and Senate also uses it for its committee meetings.
PLEASE NOTE: The Senate Chamber currently only has HDMI capabilities, please plan accordingly.
If you are interested in booking the Senate Chamber, please contact Amissa Jablonski in the Senate Office with the date, time, title and brief description of your requested booking.
We automatically book 30 minutes of setup time before bookings and and 30 minutes of tear down time after bookings, unless otherwise notified. Please see the calendar to check for availability. If your booking is to take place during the work day (8:30am-4:30pm) we will have the Chamber open for you. If your booking is for times outside the times stated above, please ensure you make arrangements to pick up and drop off the key.
Senate Chamber Details
- Seating Capacity: 44 total (20 around table, 24 around edge of the room)
- Technology: Large TV screen suitable for presentations and videos. There is no computer in the Chamber, users must bring their own
- Connections: HDMI compatible (cables available, Apple users must bring own connectors)
- Audio: 3mm audio jack (cable available)
- Teleconference: Phone line available, users must bring own devices
- Food and Beverage: Allowed in the Chamber, but we ask that users are respectful of the historic nature of the space
Senate Chamber Foyer
The Foyer directly outside the Chamber is included with its booking, should you need. It contains a number of arm chairs, along with a table and chairs, small desk, and access to power. Students use the space for studying and relaxation and Senate Chamber users have hosted small receptions or held registrations in the foyer. Please contact Amissa for questions about Foyer use. We ask that if you rearrange the furniture in the foyer outside the Chamber, please return it to its original configuration.