Thank you to all who attended the Back2U conference this past Saturday, October 1, 2016. Stay tuned for more details on the next conference.
The Back2U Conference is a one-day event designed to help students transition back into life in Edmonton in a fun & interactive way.
Through activities, workshops and panel discussions, you will learn to think critically about the impact of your journey and how to use this knowledge & the unique experience gained abroad to your advantage; academically, professionally & personally.
It's a great opportunity to network with other students, as well as professionals in the workplace who have studied or worked abroad in the past.
Who should attend?
Students who have:
- studied abroad on an exchange program
- gained international work experience through an experiential learning program or internship
- taken academic courses or learned a new language through a faculty-led or summer program
What you’ll learn:
- Learn how to adjust back to your life at home by talking with others who have been through the same experience. While your family and friends are excited to hear your stories, they might not understand exactly where you're coming from.
- Discover how you can use your international skills to go abroad again or stay 'internationally' involved here in Canada.
- Meet other UAlberta students who have been abroad to compare your experiences and tell your stories.
- Learn how you can incorporate your education abroad experience into your resume, cover letter or an interview setting