Share your Education Abroad story and you could win $500!
Education Abroad wants to hear all about your international learning experience with our #myeapstory video contest. All you have to do is submit a short video of yourself during your education abroad program and you could go home with $500 to add your travel fund. Show us how you spent your education abroad experience and how it has changed your view of the world, your culture, or your future. It's as easy as 1-2-3!
- Videos should be between 0:30 seconds and 2 minutes long
- Share the story of your education abroad program in a creative way! You can record a video or put together a photo montage of your time abroad.
- Tell us how your education abroad program has impacted you personally, academically, or in your (future) career
- Make sure to include your name, the program in which you participated, the location of the program and the time period during which you participated. Example: Jane Doe, Exchange at Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat (Munich, Germany), Fall 2016.
- Students are welcome, but not limited to use the following themes: A typical day in _____ as an exchange/summer student/intern; Intern Survival Guide; Tour of my city; Tour of my campus; 10 things to know before you arrive in____; Things you need to do in______; Culture Shock; or Cultural Immersion.
How to submit your video:
You are eligible if:
- you are a current UAlberta student
- you are participating in an Education Abroad program (internship, summer program, and/or exchange) in Winter, Summer or Fall 2016
The video submission period closes Friday, November 11, 2016 at 4 p.m. All submissions will be judged by a team of Education Abroad advisors and 3 finalists will be shortlisted. These top 3 videos will be posted on the Go Abroad YouTube Channel and on the Go Abroad Facebook page on Wednesday, November 16. The video with the most likes by 3 p.m. on November 22, 2016 on Facebook will take home the $500 prize!
TIP: To avoid using material that is subject to copyright fees (e.g. music) you are welcome to check out Creative Commons, a system, built upon current copyright law, which allows you to legally use “some rights reserved” music, movies, images, and other content—for free.
Share it, like it and you could win it!