All students going abroad on an education abroad program must complete a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation before leaving Canada, available online through eClass and in-person.
The online Pre-Departure Orientation is complimented by a series of workshops facilitated by the Education Abroad Office, including:
- Education Abroad 101
- Career Development
During the in-person Pre-Departure Orientation, you will have the opportunity to talk with students who have gone abroad in the past - a great time to ask questions about their experiences and get some tips!
Students (Group Study)
- If you are participating in an Education Abroad activity as part of a group, ensure that the Education Abroad Group Coordinator contacts the Orientation and Risk Management Coordinator to obtain enrollment instructions for your group.
Students (Independent Study)
- Contact the Orientation and Risk Management Coordinator to obtain enrollment instructions to the eClass.
- Enroll in the Pre-Departure Workshops
- Register with the UAlberta's UGo Off-Campus Travel Registry
- Contact the Orientation and Risk Management Coordinator to obtain enrollment instructions for your group at email@example.com
- Monitor students to ensure completion of the pre-departure. This includes the completion of
- Three quizzes at the end of each unit
- Risk Management Checklist or Plan which should be uploaded through the system
- Issue, collect and file the University’s Risk Management Agreement.
- Advise students to enroll in the Pre-Departure Workshops
- Ensure students register with the UAlberta's UGo Off-Campus Travel Registry