Country: China City: Various
The Canada Learning Initiative in China (CLIC) connects Canadian university students with Chinese universities through unique study abroad programs. Participating in a CLIC program is a great way for Canadian students to have innovative and meaningful educational opportunities in China. Through CLIC, the Ministry of Education in China and CLIC Canadian member universities have partnered to cover a variety of costs for Canadian students who desire to study in China.
CLIC is uniquely tailored to meet the needs of Canadian students. CLIC makes learning opportunities in China more accessible, through significant funding options and improved credit transfers. CLIC is not only beneficial to students, but it will also support and improve Canada’s ability to build productive relationships with China, to expand reciprocal trade, and to improve collaboration in business, research, innovation and cultural exchanges.
Canada Learning Initiative in China Website
When can I go?
Summer, Fall, Winter.
Only full time students who are Canadian citizens and attending a CLIC Member university are eligible for CLIC support.
CLIC member universities include the University of Alberta, University of Calgary, Laval University, University de Montréal, University of Ottawa, and Queen's University.
Funding & Housing
The purpose of CLIC is to make study in China highly accessible and valuable. CLIC is specifically designed to address the challenges students face with studying abroad, including the financial burden. Financial support for travel and study in China includes:
- Travel Scholarship (the amount is determined by your home university)
- 3000 yuan (≈$600CAN) per month stipend
- Subsidized accommodations
- Free medical insurance
- No application fees at the Chinese university
- Only Canadian citizens are eligible for CLIC support
- If you are already receiving a scholarship from the China Scholarship Council, you will not be eligible to receive CLIC financial support
How to apply
You will need to apply at the same time to:
- The Education Abroad Program (Deadlines: February 1, 2018 for exchange programs; March 1, 2018 for summer programs) or your Faculty; AND
- The China Scholarship Council (CSC). Deadline: March 6, 2018.
See full details
CLIC approved programs cover a wide range of disciplines from language studies and art to engineering internships. The programs currently available to University of Alberta students through CLIC include:
Other Programs Approved for CLIC Funding and University of Alberta Credits:
Dr. Zhi Jones