City: Dresden, Saxony Country: Germany
Technische Universität Dresden Website
What the Program has to offer:
- Provides an opportunity to intern in one of Germany's most prestigious universities, Technische Universität Dresden.
- This summer internship program offers senior undergraduates and graduate students the opportunity to gain cutting-edge research experience in a wide variety of scientific fields.
- TU Dresden is home to a large variety of research centers and institutes.
- Participants will receive a monthly scholarship and a travel subsidy from TU Dresden
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered: Summer
Duration: 3 - 4 months
Open to: Engineering, Science, Humanities, and Social Science students
Level: Senior Undergraduate (3rd or 4th year), Graduate
See Eligibility GPA.
- Students can start the internship between June 1 and July 1, 2018 for a duration of up to four months (minimum stay 3 months). The start dates are somewhat flexible and would be determined by the availability of academic supervisors. Please indicate the desired start date and intended internship duration in the letter of intent.
- Students must be currently enrolled at University of Alberta as full-time students
- Students must be returning to classes in the Fall 2018 term
- Undergraduates must have completed at least 2 years of a degree program by the time of the internship placement
- Due to visa regulations, students must possess Canadian citizenship
- German language skills are not required, the working language will generally be English
Language of Instruction: English
Deadline to apply: January 11th 2018
- Your application should clearly indicate the institute or chair, in which you wish to carry out your research internship.
- TU Dresden matches you with a doctoral student, scientist or professor of the desired research field
- Information on research topics of TU Dresden's academic staff members is available at https://tu-dresden.de/
→ choose the respective Faculty/Department → under “The Faculty” → “Institutes and Chairs”
Fees & Costs
General fees and costs.
All program participants will receive a guaranteed travel bursary and monthly stipend from TU Dresden.
• Monthly scholarship of 800 € to cover the following costs: accommodation (approx. 250 €/month), cost of living (approx. 450 €/month), health insurance (approx. 80 €/month), accident and personal liability insurance (approx. 20 €/month), fees for a residence permit (one-time costs of 110 €), semester fee (including ticket for public transport) 260 € per semester; TU Dresden charges no tuition fees
• 600 € travel subsidy (one-time payment)
Participants may apply for on-campus housing at TU Dresden.
Ciara Murrin, BA
International Internship Coordinator (Outbound)
University of Alberta International
142 Telus Centre
87 Ave & 111 St
Edmonton, AB, T6G 2R3