Librarians live and die by our listservs
and they are an excellent place to look for work.
Library and Archives Canada also maintains an
of Canadian library listservs. This is an excellent introduction to the
array of listservs available.
Here are a select few that could help in your job search:
- JEROME-L - JEROME-L is hosted by the School of Library
& Information Studies at the University of Alberta. The list was created to
foster communication among librarians, information professionals, and
friends of libraries in Alberta. This listserv focuses on Alberta job
postings. To subscribe to the listserv, visit the
- BCLA-LIST - The British Columbia Library Association maintains a listserv that includes job postings. For more information about the list and how to subscribe please visit their
- BUSLIB-L - a Business Librarian's discussion group which often posts job openings. For more information about their scope and how to subscribe, please visit their
- LIBJOBS - This listserv about Library Jobs is maintained by the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA). Although international in scope, most of the jobs advertised are located in the United States. For more information, please visit their
archive and information page.
For easy access to the subscription button, visit
- LIBREF-L - A listserv about reference concerns that also allows subscribers to only receive job postings from this listserv. For more information, please visit their
- NASIG Web Job Postings - This
website publishes job announcements from several library listservs,
with special emphasis on serials librarianship. For a full listing of the listservs they monitor, please visit their
- PNLA - Pacific Northwest Library Association has a listserv with jobs from Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. To view their archives and subscription information, please visit their
- SLAIS (UBC) Job Postings - This listserv primarily posts jobs
from western Canada, but does include jobs from across the country as well
as the occasional international posting. For information on
visit this page or send a blank email to
| Questions or concerns?
Please contact the Temporary Webmaster