North Campus facilities are housed in the Van Vliet Centre, named for the faculty's founding dean, Dr. Maury Van Vliet. Dr. Van Vliet served the University from 1945 to 1978 as a teacher, coach and administrator.
Facilities in this Centre include:
- The Clare Drake Arena (Ice Hockey)
- Main Gymnasium with 3 basketball, 4 volleyball and 12 badminton courts
- Aquatic Centre with two indoor pools
- Nine lecture theatres and classrooms
- Dance studio with 2 volleyball and 4 badminton courts
- 10 squash courts
- 3 multi-purpose gymnasiums
- 3 racquetball courts
- Weight training area
- Equipment Room - handles sports equipment, towel service, locker rentals for use in the VVC.
- Fitness and Lifestyle Centre - contains cardiovascular and strength-training equipment
- The Steadward Centre for Personal and Physical Achievement is a disability research centre and specialised fitness centre for people with physical disabilities
- Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic - provides physiotherapy and therapeutic massage services
Van Vliet Centre Usage and Access
The Van Vliet Centre can be found marked as number 82 on the West-Central campus map.