Aaron Veldstra, Drawing/Intermedia, Our Anaerobic Future
Our graduate programs in the Department of Art & Design offer thesis- and course-based degrees:
- Master of Design (MDes) with specializations in either visual communication design or industrial design
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) with specializations in painting, sculpture, printmaking or drawing/intermedia
- Master of Arts (MA) History of Art, Design, and Visual Culture with both thesis and course-based options
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) History of Art, Design, and Visual Culture
Why Study Here?
What makes the Department of Art & Design such an excellent place to work and study? Our graduate programs offer:
- engaged supervision and technical support
- inter- and poly-disciplinary approaches
- contemporary critical theory
- research for the public good
- scholarships and teaching assistantships
Graduate students in Fine Arts and Design Studies discuss the relationship between traditional modes of work and contemporary creative practice.
Visual Communication Design student Zohreh Valiary Eskandary introducing a 'provocation paper' for discussion and demonstrating classical Persian calligraphy.
For information on making an application, see Graduate Application FAQs.