The Global Education Program (GEP) engages students, faculty, staff and community members in deepening our understanding of global citizenship and intercultural relations.
Our signature event, International Week, is the University’s largest annual extra-curricular educational event and is the most extensive event of its kind on a Canadian campus. The University and Edmonton communities explore a host of global issues through more than 50 events including lectures, workshops, exhibits and cultural performances.
"International Week has been a transformative experience for me. It extended my knowledge about global issues forcing me to engage in those issues at a more active level.” -- International Week attendee
The Global Education Program also offers:
- The Certificate in International Learning in collaboration with the Faculty of Arts.
- Global education programming in International House, a residence for international and Canadian students
- Leadership on initiatives like the Visiting Lectureship in Human Rights
- Opportunities for student groups, faculty and community organizations to partner with the Program to host global-themed events
- Funding for global education activities through the Lee Global Education Awards