UGo Travel Registry
Before leaving Canada, students are required to register with:
In the event of an emergency or crisis situation while overseas, this information will help both the University of Alberta and the Government of Canada obtain knowledge of:
- Where you are located
- How to get in contact with you
- How we can be of assistance to you
- Your emergency contact information
Emergency Contact - Students are also required to provide an emergency contact in their online application account before going abroad.
International SOS is a medical and travel security assistance service provided to University of Alberta students travelling abroad. The company provides the following services:
- a website to find extensive health and security information about your destination that you can access before you leave and at your destination
- an email and mobile app service that will send messages to you with the latest news about developing security or health threats in the region you are visiting
- doctors and security experts you can call while you are away to get professional medical or security advice over the phone. (If you have an acute illness or injury that requires the care of a physician, you must call your own travel insurance provider first.)
- when necessary, help with emergency medical care that goes beyond the coverage provided by your travel insurance provider.
UAlberta Students can access the University's membership number here. (Please sign in to your UAlberta account to access the document)
Telephone number:: +1 214 942 8478
You should receive an International SOS travel card at an in-person pre-departure session. If you are not attending an in-person session, please contact Markus Vuorensola at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to receive a travel card.