As a UAlberta student, you can participate in an education abroad program if you meet the following eligibility requirements.
Some institutions may also have set requirements, such as a higher GPA than the minimum indicated below. You'll find this information in the Program Finder.
Exchange and Summer Programs
- be registered as a full-time UAlberta student
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a 2.7 GPA in your most recently completed Fall or Winter term at UAlberta
- Business students require a cumulative and current GPA of 3.0
- Law students require a cumulative and current GPA of 2.7
- Engineering students require a cumulative 3.3 GPA in in the last four academic terms to go abroad (can apply after three terms)
- complete at least 12 credits by the abroad application deadline (15 credits if you're in the Faculty of Science)
- complete at least 18-30 credits (2 terms of full-time status) at UAlberta before going abroad
Keep in mind that most courses offered during the summer are at the undergraduate level. Graduate students are still eligible to apply.
UAlberta alumni and staff are also eligible to apply for many of the Summer Abroad Programs
e3 summer programs are open to post-secondary students from all disciplines
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.51 or higher as required by your home Faculty
- have successfully completed at least 24-credits at UAlberta as required by your home Faculty by the application deadline
- INTERNSHIPS - students seeking internship placements must have completed 48 credits2 by the application deadline
- meet admission requirements to the relevant Faculty at UAlberta
- have a valid passport and be eligible to study and work in the destination country
1 equivalencies will be considered for students applying from outside UAlberta
2 or the equivalent of full-time first year studies at your local institution
Students are required to have at least 30 credits completed at the time of application for an internship program. Generally, you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a 2.7 GPA in your most recently completed term at UAlberta. However, some internship programs have different requirements. This information will be outlined in the Program Finder.