Why choose 1 when you can have all 3?
The University of Alberta’s e3 is a unique education abroad experience offering students the flexibility to choose from three experiences, all in one location:
- language study
- international internship
- academic coursework
e3 programs fuse academics with international study and work experience. Field trips, excursions and guest speakers will allow students to learn beyond the classroom. All e3 courses, including language classes, allow students to earn academic credit from the University of Alberta*
Whether you're in Berlin, Curitiba, Washington D.C or in Grenoble, you'll get to pair theory with practice, the local with the international, as you work, study or learn a new language!
Earn University of
All e3 courses, including language
classes, allow students to
earn academic credit from the
University of Alberta, which can be
applied directly to their degree at
UAlberta, or used as transfer credit
at their home institution.
e3 summer programs are open to post-secondary students from all disciplines
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.31 or higher as required by your home Faculty
- have successfully completed at least 24-credits at UAlberta as required by your home Faculty by the application deadline
- INTERNSHIPS - students seeking internship placements must have completed 30 credits2 by the application deadline
- meet admission requirements to the relevant Faculty at UAlberta
- have a valid passport and be eligible to study and work in the destination country
1 equivalencies will be considered for students applying from outside UAlberta
2 or the equivalent of full-time first year studies at your local institution
*Students from outside of UAlberta should speak with their home faculty/institution about credit transfer and funding opportunities