- If you have completed a course from a recognized post-secondary institution within the last five years that is applicable to the ALUP program, you may request an exemption up to a maximum of two courses.
Planning for Diverse Environments Series
This series is comprised of two online courses and two in-class/web-enhanced courses held in downtown Edmonton, each of them designed to stand alone in providing specific skills. Courses can also be taken together to provide you with a comprehensive skill set.
Once three of the courses have been successfully completed, you can request an official Planning for Diverse Environments series Notice of Completion.
Qualifications & Admission
Enrolling in the program is a requirement if you want to earn the certificate. You may apply for admission as you start your studies or, if you prefer, after you have taken one or more courses.
To enrol, you must have a minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) and two years of related work experience. If you attended high school in Alberta, transcripts may be ordered from Alberta Education at 780-427-5732; for high schools outside of Alberta, contact the corresponding provincial department of education.
You are still invited to apply if you do not meet the admission requirements. Your qualifications will be reviewed, and conditional entrance may be granted. For details, contact the program office at 780-492-6914 or 780-492-5532.
This program is currently open for enrolment—apply now!
THREE EASY STEPS TO APPLY
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button below to download the Application for Program Admission form.
- Obtain an official transcript of your previous studies (high school OR post-secondary education).
- Submit your completed application, along with the transcript and a $100 admission fee.
Tuition & Fees
- A one-time application fee of $100 is required for admission into the program.
- Tuition is paid on a course-by-course basis as you register for your classes; courses are GST-exempt.
- Some courses require a textbook at an additional cost.
- This program is eligible for the Canada-Alberta Job Grant.
You can register for a course without enrolling in the program. If later you decide to apply for the full program, the course(s) you’ve taken will be applied toward your certificate. Alternatively, you may opt for auditing a course, in which case you will not be evaluated for any coursework — audited courses, however, cannot be applied toward the certificate at any time.
Our courses are offered in two formats: online and in-class web-enhanced instruction. Web-enhanced courses may have pre- or post-class assignments in addition to the scheduled face-to-face classroom work. Electronic course materials will be available in eClass.
Most classes are held at Enterprise Square, downtown Edmonton, Alberta.
Register online or by phone at 780-492-3116 (toll-free 1-800-808-4784). You may also register by mail, fax, or in person.
Course schedules are also available in printer-friendly PDF format.
Time of Day
Time of Day