Students eligible to participate in the Science Internship Program are required to:
- Be enrolled in a general, specialization or honors degree program as an undergraduate student in the Faculty of Science.
- General students are required to have a declared major.
- Have completed a minimum of *24 to enter SciWorks and *48 to go in placement. No more than *105 credits by the time you are to start your placement. This means having at least 3 courses left to complete in a degree.
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.3 or higher in the previous fall or winter terms. Admission average will be used for transfer students with no prior fall or winter in the Faculty of Science.
- International students who are accepted into SIP must obtain a coop/intern work permit prior to apply for positions.
Please note that participating in the internship program is an investment that adds a year to a 4-year science degree. Students who successfully complete internship are awarded a "with internship" designation on their parchment.
When can you apply?
|| Applications Closed
|| September 30
|| January 31
|| June 15
You are encouraged to apply during the September admission round in order to maximize your chances of finding a placement.
How do you apply?
Applications are submitted through the SciWorks Internship Portal.