Participating in the Science Internship Program has associated costs:
- WKEXP course fees for each four month term (WKEXP 955, 956, 957 & 958) fee index of 9
- Mandatory Non-instructional fees for each 4-month term
Please refer to the Registrar's office for fees.
Note: it is possible to opt-in to the Athletics and Recreation fee.
- All students are automatically assessed the UPass fee when registered in a WKEXP course. Students working outside of the serviceable transit area for Edmonton, Strathcona or St Albert Transit may request a UPass fee waiver.
- This form will be available approximately 2 weeks before the start of the work term. Qualifying students will have their name forwarded to the Registrar’s Office and, if approved, the fee will be removed from the student’s fee assessment the add/drop deadline for the term.
- Students also registered in an on campus academic credit course may not have their UPass fee waived, regardless of work location.
- The deadline to apply for an exemption is the end of the term; December 31 for the Fall term, April 30 for the Winter term and August 31 for the Spring/Summer term.
- See more on UPass Exemptions.