About UAlberta North
UAlberta North’s mandate is based on the University’s Northern Strategy (2011). It includes responsibilities for the following:
- strengthening and enlarging the University’s community of northern/circumpolar researchers;
- strengthening relationships with northern partners, including governments, colleges, and indigenous communities, as well as national and international research/educational agencies;
- building a robust public and scholarly profile for our significant work across the circumpolar North;
- identifying opportunities and coordinating relevant activity, information, and aspirations across the University
- facilitating innovative and reciprocal processes of knowledge exchange; and
- supporting and creating opportunities for students.