4.6 Immigration Status Changes

Immigration Status Changes from Student Authorization/Visa Student to Permanent Resident:

The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) requires documentation directly from all students whose immigration status changes from Student Authorization/Visa Student to Permanent Resident.

Students who have become Permanent Residents must come to the FGSR office with their ONEcard, passport, and Record of Landing form. Original documents are required. Photocopies will not be accepted. Students should present these documents soon after their change in status.

By bringing their documents to the FGSR office, students ensure that their fees - and scholarships if any - are reviewed and adjusted, if appropriate.

Students who have recently become Permanent Residents, and who are receiving any form of payment from the University of Alberta must present their new original Social Insurance card, once it is available, to Payroll Operations.

Please see the Change to Permanent Resident page on the FGSR website for more information.