St. Stephen’s College is an affiliated degree-granting graduate college of the University of Alberta. The affiliation of St. Stephen’s with the University of Alberta dates to the founding of the University in 1908. As an affiliated College, St. Stephen’s participates in some UAlberta degree programs, and offers undergraduate and graduate courses for the University. As an independent college, St. Stephen’s offers applied graduate training in Multifaith Theology, Psychotherapy, Art Therapy, and Spiritual Care that prepares caregiving and ministry professionals for service in the public sphere.
Current Operations at St. Stephens College
(last updated August 20, 2020)
Until further notice, the following operations are in effect at St. Stephen’s College:
For Students and Faculty in all St. Stephen’s College Degree Programs:
- The College campus remains closed to the general public. The operations of the College continue via remote delivery during regular business hours (Monday–Friday, 9:00am–4:00pm). Some on-campus work and research is permitted in accordance with our Protocol for the Resumption of On-Campus Work at St. Stephen’s College.
- All St. Stephen’s courses continue as scheduled, though courses will be delivered remotely via online instruction. Our Department Chairs are working diligently to support our Students and Associate Faculty members as we transition to online delivery.
- Practicum placements for St. Stephen’s students are permitted to happen in-person according to the guidelines set out in the St. Stephen’s College Practicum Plan during COVID-19 document.
- All academic supervision must happen remotely via video conference or telephone (this applies to both general program supervision and research supervision). If students or associate faculty members need assistance in setting-up remote student supervision, please be in touch with your department chair.
- All College meetings, including board, senate, faculty council, program committees, and other meetings must happen remotely via video conference or telephone.
- All contact information remains the same. Email communications are preferred.
For Students and Faculty in UAlberta Courses at St. Stephen’s College:
The above operational summary relates only to St. Stephen’s College. For operational information for the broader University of Alberta campus, please see the University’s COVID-19 Information page.
Some useful links for current students of St. Stephen's College:
To browse the upcoming courses offered at St. Stephen's College, please visit our SSC Courses page.
Current Students of SSC:
To register for a course, complete either the online registration form or contact the College directly. For more information on how to register, please see the Register for a Course page.
Members of the broader public are welcome to enroll in most courses at St. Stephen's College through our Open Studies program. For more information, please see our Open Studies page.