Job/Research Area: Professor (Forest ecology and plant biodiversity)
1983 B.Sc. (with distinction) Environmental Biology, University of Calgary
1988 Ph.D. Plant Ecology, University of Calgary.
- Ed and Peggy Tyrchniewicz Award for Innovation in Teaching (2015)
- Canadian Institute of Forestry Scientific Achievement Award (2014)
- Izaak Walton Killam Annual Professor (2007/08)
- Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences - Teacher of the Year (2004, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Mentoring, Dept. of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta (1999)