My teaching load consists of three courses: HECOL 440 (Family Policy Issues), INT D 306 (Topics in Leadership), and HECOL 601 (Ways of Knowing in Human Ecology). INT D 306 is taught in conjunction with the Peter Lougheed Leadership College.
Graduate Student Supervision
11. Laurel Sakaluk, PhD. Completed 2017. Strategizing about work-family integration during the transition to parenthood: Longitudinal processes and ideological influences.
10. Laura Cadrain, MSc (thesis). 2019-present. Women and Policy.
9. Victor Wilson, MSc (thesis). 2019-present. Families and Policy.
8. Kareema Batal, MSc (thesis). 2018-present. The Employment of Women.
7. Julia Roy, MSc (thesis). 2016-present. Program development and evaluation for families of children with disability.
6. Rebecca Horne, MSc (thesis). Completed 2017 (Co-supervised with Matt Johnson). A Labour of Love? Male and Female Partners’ Emotion Work in Intimate Relationships.
5. Ropa Mamutse, MSc (course-based).Completed 2017. Aging out of the Family. The experiences of youth aging out of youth services.
4. Vanessa Ostapchuk. MSc (course-based).Completed 2016. Canadian Provincial Child Care Subsidies and their “Fit” within the Lives of Working Poor Families: Lessons from the United States.
3. Iryna Hurava MSc (thesis). Completed 2015. Institutional Child Care in Belarus.
2. Roxana Marin, MSc (course-based). Completed 2013. Cell phone use and parent-child relationships in families with adolescents.
1. Hannah Goa, MSc (thesis). Completed 2010. Outside the city walls: The construction of poverty in Alberta’s income and employment supports act.