Breakout rooms have been provided in the Computing Science Centre for the use of faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students. These rooms are intended to promote academic activities for small groups (in particular, project team meetings and working sessions). The rooms are a shared resource, and users are requested to follow these guidelines:
- Respect the rights of other users by restricting your bookings to periods of not more than two hours.
- Use the rooms for Computing Science group project meetings and working sessions.
- Rooms are not intended for individual study. Individuals may be asked to vacate the breakout room for group meetings.
- Do not book rooms for purposes other than Computing Science group project meetings or working sessions.
It may become necessary to contact you regarding your booking, so:
- Specify your first and last name
- Give your computing science ID
- Give your phone number, if at all feasible.
Please do not make bookings that repeat more often than once a week, and ensure that any repeat bookings expire at the end of each term.
Bookings may be made using Webapps Room Booking.
If you require a breakout room and it appears that one is being misused, please politely ask the occupant(s) if you can use the room. If the occupants refuse without valid justification, please report the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org or the helpdesk staff in CSC 1-32.
Last updated March 20, 2009.