The Xerox Workcentre 5755 is a multifunction Xerox device that copies, scans and prints. In order to access some of its features for printing you may need to download the device driver directly from www.support.xerox.com/support/enus.html.
(Please ensure you are installing the North American (Canadian/US) versions of these drivers. If you install the European version it will default to A4 paper size and this is VERY difficult to change back.)
- Navigate to the Xerox Support and Drivers page and search for Workcentre 5755
- Select Drivers & Downloads from the list that appears
- Select your Operating System and Language and download the approprate package:
- Windows: Look for the Xerox Global Print Driver
- Mac: Look for the Driver Installation Package
- Other: No information at this time, you'll have to experiment
- With Windows, unpack the file (winrar) into a folder that you can find later
- When you install the printer with the Add Printer Wizard you can indicate that you have the driver on a disk and then browse to the location you unpacked the files to
- With Mac you get a disk image file
- Click on it and go thru the install process, don't try to search for printers, just cancel that, and continue the install
- Later, when you add a printer you should now be able to find Xerox Workcentre 5755 in your list of available printer types
- Check through the options on the Xerox driver. There are options for single-sided, double-sided, even stapling!
Good luck. For specific OS problems contact the Helpdesk and they will try to assist you.
Please note! With the "Xerox Global Print Driver" for windows you will only be able to select duplex (or simplex). The other features (stapling, cover page, etc.) will get the printer defaults with no means to override. The specific driver for this printer is currently not working but with the "Xerox Global Print Driver" you can at least still print. -- Sep 19, 2012 (BMW)