The Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry administers studies in seven departments with small or new graduate programs:
Prospective students should direct admissions and program inquiries to graduate coordinators in the department in which they are interested.
Graduate Program Coordinators
MSGP applicants are required to meet the admission standards of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, the governing body of the MSGP program. Admissions standards and team member roles are outlined in the Outline of Responsibilities document. In general, the following requirements must be met in order for a graduate Student to be accepted into an MSc or PhD program in Medical Sciences:
1. The Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
2. If applicable, for the English Language Proficiency, the Student must take one of the following tests and receive a satisfactory score of:
- TOEFL paper-based score of 570
- TOEFL internet-based score equivalent of 95, with at least 20 per section
- MELAB minimum score of 91
- CAEL minimum score of 70 with at least 70 on each subtest
- IELTS minimum score of 7.0 with at least 6 on each band
- PTE minimum score of 65
If the Graduate Coordinator and Supervisor agree that the Student be accepted with a TOEFL score between 550 and 570 or equivalent foreign language test score, it is
understood that a remedial English course will be taken.
3. NOTE: If a specific department has higher criteria or additional requirements, the student must meet those. Please visit the website for the specific department in which you are interested, to confirm their admission requirements.
Deadlines and Meeting Dates
Medical Sciences Graduate Program Scholarships
MSGP PhD Proposal Submission Guidelines
Outline of Responsibilities