As an Anishinaabe researcher, Dr. McGuire-Adams is driven to engage in research that enhances reciprocal relationships and community wellbeing. Her research interests advance Indigenous community understandings of wholistic wellbeing and span Indigenous physical activity, sport, and recreation. Dr. McGuire-Adams’ main areas of research include:
- Indigenous knowledge regarding wellbeing and physicality
- Physical activity as a process of decolonization
- Sport, recreation, health and wellness by/with Indigenous peoples
- Indigenous research methodologies and community-driven research
- Theoretical engagements: Anishinaabeg theory, Indigenous feminist theory, settler colonialism, sociology of sport.