To produce a better society by educating Indigenous and non-Indigenous students to be responsible citizens through excellent community engagement, teaching and research focused on the complexity of Indigenous issues and thought.
To produce graduates across the university who have respect for Indigenous knowledges, who are educated about Indigenous histories and contemporary issues, and who can work collaboratively with Indigenous communities and peoples.
The Faculty of Native Studies values:
- our autonomy as a Faculty within the academy
- interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches
- the relevance of Native perspectives and Indigenous
- the contribution of Elders to teaching, research and sense
- our interactions and connections with Native communities
- the promotion of Indigenous languages
- the scholarly standards of the academy for the creation and dissemination of knowledge