Access to Buildings

You will need a proximity ONEcard to Access buildings on campus. Here is how you can find out what your proximity number might be.


Residence Access

ONEcards are used to access all residence buildings on campus.

Department/Faculty Access

ONEcards may be programmed to give access to doors on campus including offices or labs. The access is typically provided by the individual's department, and lost/stolen or replaced ONEcards should be reported to the department as soon as possible.

Access to Campus Services

Van Vliet Complex

ONEcard is used to access athletics and recreation facilities on campus including the locker rooms, pools, fitness centre, climbing centre and campus recreation. Student access is determined by non-instructional fees, which are assessed to all students who have on-campus registration for the current term. Staff access depends on the employment contract of the individual.

If you do not have automatic gym access, it may be purchased through Facility Services in the Van Vliet Complex.

Health & Dental Plan (Health Insurance)

ONEcard and the ONEcard office are not the suppliers of student health insurance. Coverage is provided by

Please contact the Students' Union Health and Dental Plan Office in SUB 6-14 for information about the Student health and dental plan.