The Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) Working Group informs the School’s strategic goals and action plans for responding to eight specific TRC Calls to Action through education and training, community-engaged scholarship and relationship-building with Indigenous communities.
The Indigenous Reconciliation Strategy will guide the School on its path of transformation and communicate its commitment and responsibility for truth and reconciliation.
Co-chaired by Stephanie Montesantiand Jeff Johnson, the working group consists of an Indigenous elder; University of Alberta faculty members; School faculty members, staff and Indigenous students.
- Elder Bert Auger, Elders and Knowledge Keepers program, School of Public Health
- Susan Chatwood, Associate Professor, School of Public Health
- Kimberly Fairman, student, School of Public Health
- Sherilee Harper, Associate Professor, School of Public Health
- Donna Richardson, Director, Marketing and Alumni Relations, School of Public Health
- Fay Fletcher, Professor and Academic Director,Faculty of Extension
- Lana Whiskeyjack, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Extension