How to Apply

All interested Canadian medical graduates are invited to apply for surgical residency positions through the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS).

The surgery residency programs may accept sponsored trainee applicants with government funding but this will vary year to year. Applications must first go through their funding source who will electronically forward applications to the University of Alberta's Postgraduate Office of Medical Education. Please see their website for more information. Deadline is July 30, 2021 for the 2022-23 academic year. Virtual interviews will take place mid September to mid October for placements the following July. Match Day is noon on October 12, 2021.