- Call for Nominations: 2019 Awards for Faculty Excellence --- Henry Marshall Tory Chair, University Cup, University of Alberta Distinguished Professor, and Vargo Teaching Chair
[May 21, 2019] The revised procedures and submission requirements for the Awards for Faculty Excellence are now posted on UAPPOL and the CTL website. Deadline: July 31, 2019.
- [May 1, 2019] Two new deadlines for OER Awards Program applications are now posted: September 15, 2019 and March 15, 2020. Courses looking to transition to free & open course materials and/or instructors interested in developing new OER are encouraged to apply! For more information, click here.
- [May 1, 2019] Five courses have been awarded project funding to transition course materials to OER (open educational resources) in the 2019/20 academic year. Congratulations to EAS 233 (Geological Structures), PSYCO 403 Hormones and Behaviour, PSYCO 403 Psychopharmacology, and GERM 111 and 112 (Beginners German I and II). For more information about current and past OER projects, click here.
- What is an OER (open educational resource)? Learn more here.
McCalla Professorship Application and Selection Procedure (UAPPOL, Most Recent Approval Date: November 1, 2017)
The following criteria will be used when selecting eligible applicants:
- Evidence of a career commitment to teaching excellence, integrating research and teaching and educational leadership
- Innovation in the project or planned activities
- Impact of the project or planned activities on student learning and alignment with For the Public Good
- Deadline for Small Faculties - Friday, February 1, 2019*
*The Small Faculties group has been allocated three (3) McCalla Professorships for 2019-20
- Deadline for Large Faculties**- Friday, March 1, 2019
**The Large Faculties are responsible for their own adjudication processes. Check Faculty websites for more information and internal deadlines
For details on the submission process, see: McCalla Professorships (CTL website)
Professional Teaching Development Award Applications
[1 May 2019] Applications for Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF) funding are being accepted for professional teaching development events that take place from September 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
Note, the program for the event, including the workshop/session descriptions, must be available at the time of application, or the application form will be returned to the applicant for re-submission.
The TLEF PD application form and 2018-2019 Handbook are posted on the TLEF page.
The 2018-2019 TLEF Handbook, information session presentations, and application form(s) are available on the TLEF page.