Who We Are
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) is one of six operational units in Risk Management Services.
Our mandate is to promote health, safety, protection of the environment, and regulatory compliance. In support of this, we offer the following services to university staff and students:
- Online and in-person training
- Equipment and space inspection and certification
- Emergency preparedness training and support
- Interpretation and application of regulations
- Assistance in structuring and enabling safety committees
Who's Who at EHS?
Updates to U of A Biosafety Guidelines
The institutional Biosafety Guidelines were updated in May, 2016. If you work with biological materials, refer to the revised guidelines to learn about recent changes to federal biosafety regulations and processes.
Hazard Management 101
Avoid calamity -- do a hazard assessment during the design phase.