To be an internationally recognized training program in Microbiology and Immunology
- to recruit the highest caliber trainees
- to develop them as researchers and scholars through innovative research and ongoing meaningful feedback on student progress
- to provide a stimulating and rich learning environment through high quality program requirements and co-curricular activities
- to cultivate independence, creativity, self-motivation, open-minds and forums for debate
- to foster students' careers through dissemination of their research into the community, providing networking opportunities and seeking awards that recognize their accomplishments
- to support their career path through ongoing broad professional development
- to instill them with passion for excellence in teaching, citizenship and community service
MMI offers PhD and thesis-based MSc degrees.
Areas of specialization include Bacteriology, Immunology, Parasitology and Virology. Research focuses on cellular and molecular immunology, microbial pathogenesis, and the development of novel methods for the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases.
The program requirements include coursework in the discipline, teaching experience, and the development of skills in research presentations.
The program is designed to allow easy transition of MSc students into the PhD program and a rotation option at program entry is open to all students.
For more information please contact the department's Graduate Program Administrator, Tabitha Vasquez at email@example.com