The Chemistry program at Augustana provides students with an exciting hands-on approach to learning about the fascinating area of Chemistry. We pride ourselves in offering a program that focuses on strength in teaching and positive interaction between faculty and students.
Elements of our Program
- Faculty are dedicated to excellence in teaching.
- Small classes allow for individual attention; professors become better acquainted with each of their students.
- Well structured lectures place an emphasis on the understanding of theory and practice, not rote memorization.
- Learning within a cooperative atmosphere fosters the development of good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Senior students have direct access to all departmental instrumentation.
- Qualified senior students have the opportunity to apply to work as teaching assistants in first-year labs and tutorials.
- Students benefit from the expertise and research interests of highly qualified faculty.
Chemistry Laboratories at Augustana
- Students interact directly with their professors and fellow students in the laboratory setting.
- Laboratory exercises supplement and augment the material covered in the lecture portion of the course.
- Labs are spacious and well-equipped.
- All departmental instrumentation is available for student use in senior labs.
- In an atmosphere conducive to learning, students gain hands-on experience and develop interpersonal skills through interaction with their colleagues.