The Department of Biochemistry offers thesis-based MSc and PhD programs. Students in both programs will graduate with a broad knowledge of biochemistry, as well as detailed knowledge in one or more areas of specialization.
Our department aims to develop critical and creative scholars who can effectively communicate with their scientific peers and the broader community, and who are capable of teaching at both an undergraduate and graduate level. We seek to develop scientists who will serve the wider scientific community in terms of their productivity and integrity. Students will reach these goals through:
- Formalized course work
- Participation in both general and specialized seminar courses
- Instructional responsibilities in the undergraduate student laboratory
- Participation in ethics and scientific integrity workshops
- Completion of an independent research program
- Production and defense of a thesis