Accessing the CS Network

Wireless Network

Who manages the wireless network?
The wireless network is managed centrally by IST and covers most of the University campus. Please see the UWS website for much more information about the wireless network.
How do I get on the wireless network?
To get access to the wireless network, you must authenticate via the 802.1x authentication on your wireless card using your CCID (Campus Computing ID) and password. All members of the department (faculty, staff, grad and undergrad students) should have a CCID.
I'm having trouble authenticating.
If you are a member of the department but you cannot authenticate, then
Why can't I access my research machine on UWS?
Note that the wireless network is external to the CS network and that you must create a VPN tunnel in order to access the CS research machines.

Back to top