What would you do with $5000 to make U of A a healthier place?
Passionate about making the University of Alberta a healthier place? Have an idea? Get started with the Heroes for Health Challenge.
The Heroes for Health Challenge encourages students, staff, and faculty to think outside the box and work collaboratively to propose ideas for a healthier campus in four areas: social connections, physical health, mental health, reducing high-risk drinking. Ideas to support student well-being can be awarded up to $5,000 to make the U of A a better place.
Not creative? Don’t worry.
Participants in the Heroes for Health Challenge will work in teams to exchange ideas, plan and take action in promoting campus well-being. You’ll also be connected to campus student services to learn how you can make a difference.
So, how do you want to shape student wellness at the U of A?
Why should I participate in Heroes for Health?
- Your team will have the chance to win $5000 to implement your healthy campus project idea at the U of A
- Build your connections with individuals who have similar health and community development interests as you
- Learn about campus health topics and campus resources including funding opportunities
- Gain leadership and team work experience
- Gain experience in project planning and proposal writing
- Add practical experience to your resume