The GSA is established by the province's Post-Secondary Learning Act (PSLA)
. One of the GSA’s key responsibilities under Section 96(1) of the PSLA
to act with “exclusive authority” in representing graduate students in
negotiating a Collective Agreement.
The GSA, through the GSA Negotiating Committee, bargains with Board of Governors' representatives, primarily the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), to negotiate out changes to salaries, benefits, and working conditions for graduate student assistantships (such as Graduate Teaching Assistants, Graduate Research Assistants, and Graduate Research Assistant Fellowships).
Please click here to read the CA.
Please click to consult the information sheet.
Who is covered under the Graduate Student Assistantship Collective Agreement (CA)?
- All graduate students holding assistantships:
- Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) (including Principal Instructors)
- Graduate Research Assistants (GRA)
- Graduate Research Assistant Fellowships (GRAF)
- Academically-Related Employment other than Assistantships (ARE):
- Casual Academically-Related Employment
Note: Students who are funded through scholarships are NOT covered under the CA.
Visit the Archive tab for past CAs.